First DAO Funding

We have officially funded 10M USDC and 100M JUP into a DAO wallet.

This operational budget provides the DAO the capability to fund the ideas with USDC and have the JUP allocation for long term incentive alignment with J.U.P Catributors.

Besides LFG selection, the DAO will also be responsible for funding key initiatives including Working Groups, public goods and community efforts.

To ensure that the DAO will be able to execute on these crucial things over the long term, we will aim to top up the same budget on a yearly basis.

(E.G: if the DAO ends the year with 1.5M USDC and 50M JUP, the team will replenish 8.5M USDC from revenues and an additional 50M JUP will be transferred from the community cold wallets)

These funds are stored in a DAO multisig consisting of 3 members from the team and C2yptic from the Core Working Group.

Over the next few weeks, we will expand the multisig to include additional signers – ideally one nominated catdet and an ecosystem leader, and an additional key provided to a professional custodian.

We are looking very forward to discussing with the Catdets to pick a Catdet Leader to be part of this crucial multisig! We also intend to add additional signers, such as an ecosystem signer and a professional custodian.

It has been a long journey in getting to this point, and we cannot be more excited to kickstart this new phase with the entire Jupiverse!

DAO Wallet: Solscan

51 Likes

Love the idea of the yearly top up, can’t wait to see how the funds will be used!

9 Likes

Should ideas be posted here, or can they also be posted on Discord? How will ideas be chosen?

3 Likes

Love what you do guys. I’m not going anywhere.

5 Likes

Im seeing zeus wants us to complete a mission to get the airdrop? (I did vote in the LFG) Im trying to figure it out and it just sends me to some galxe thing i try to log in and then nothing…i cant even connect phantom wallet… anyone have any clue what a newb can do?

1 Like

Love the thoughts Kemosabe said, teach the cats to fish… hoping to see more action plans with the team. Rooting for you guys! Strike while the iron is hot! :muscle:

1 Like

We love to support this initiative and are excited for the amazing developments that lie ahead for JUPDAO.

1 Like

Hello,

Great that DAO is funded, people need to be motivated.

I’d suggest that before funds are replenished at the end of the year - there is report on how the funds were spent through out the year. For transparency.

Thanks

2 Likes

Fully agreed.

I will be documenting all usage of the funds in this thread, so people can easily view what transactions the DAO Multisig is doing.

But you are 100% right imo.

4 Likes

We’ve completed the first TX from the DAO Multisig:

The DAO Multisig have funded the CWG with 112,500 USDC, representing 1/4 of their approved yearly budget.

TX: CWG Funding Payment (1st Quarter)

2 Likes

We’ve conducted a 1 USDC test transaction to the Catdet and Reddit WGs.

Catdet WG: 6hWnsExD6hv5J2uRP92yu62m4K1pQonQo6eiHEgPRATz
Reddit WG: AZCg4GYLvamW7FAYgck4qq6e8zGHqrXAZBsjXfRHiFRn

They will send the 1 USDC back to confirm that they are able to receive and send funds smoothly, before we proceed with the rest of the funding.

TX: Test Transaction for Reddit & Catdet WGs

4 Likes

We’ve completed 1 round of test transactions with all the Trial WGs.

Catdet WG:
1. Sending them 1 USDC
2. Them sending it back

Reddit WG:
1. Sending them 1 USDC
2. Them sending it back

Web WG:
1. Sending them 1 USDC
2. Them sending it back

With this, we have completed and verified all the WG multisigs. They will receive their trial funding next.

4 Likes

All 3 Trial WGs have been funded!

1. Funding Reddit WG
2. Funding Catdet WG
3. Funding Web WG

Now, the 3 Trial WGs have the funding, talent and capabilities to take on their respective scopes! The Jupiter team will work with them in public coworking sessions, or in the respective Discord channels.

Expect to hear from each WG over-time as they give updates on their progress either in Discord, this forum, or on Town Halls/Planetary Calls.

5 Likes

Uplink has been funded with 1/4 of their yearly budget!

2 Likes