Change leverage on perps without closing trade

We should be able to change the leverage amount without manually closing and reopening a trade. For example, if you have an open 3x leveraged perpetual options trade open, we should be able to lower it to 1.1x with a new calculated liquidation price, or ramp it up to 5x while maintaining the original liquidity amount. Most do something of the sort manually but it can be automated by jupiter.

5 Likes

I think if you remove liquidity, then add to the position you can increase the leverage. Not sure if you are able to decrease though.

3 Likes

Yes you can. To decrease leverage you can close partial and add back at lower leverage or even collateral. My point is people already do this manually and so it should be made easier and more intuitive

4 Likes

Thats quite a faf though is it not, surely simpler measure should be introduced. I haven’t traded on the perps in a while. Maybe i should check them out, as it looks like they have changed!

3 Likes

Totally. Its pretty manual

2 Likes

I used them earlier this week, even though the fees were amended it didn’t seem any cheaper. It did feel a lot smoother and on every first attempt to open/close positions it worked compared to previous weeks/months where sometimes it would fail. Was pretty impressed, i do think it could be faster but small improvements over time are great to see!

1 Like