Proposal for Distribution of Jupiter Exchange Fees to Stakers

JLP has the fees auto- deployed into jlp pool. they dont go to the holders wallet

4 Likes

I like this idea as all of us have more of a budget to hold JLP, JUPsol etc…

1 Like

As a JUP holder I would obviously like to see this happen, but doesn’t JLP already get 75 percent of the fees auto compounded to its price? In your proposal are you allocating for taking the remaining 25 percent or taking some from the JLP? How would it be distributed a quarterly basis? Instead of weekly may be better in the proposal if it were quarterly along with ASR payouts.

2 Likes

This can bring more value to ecosystem, that means together grow with the Community.

1 Like

Yeah it sounds nice, but unfortunately wont be possible unless JLP is at expense.

3 Likes

“Unfortunately, you refuse to allow the conversation to progress. Despite my efforts to address your points comprehensively, you repeatedly ignore the explanations provided and return to the same questions.” Some members of the Jupiter team(?) or WG are consistent with that attitude. very unpleasant

1 Like

I completely agree with this proposal. Decentralization is very important, it would be a massive improvement

1 Like

Lower 25% to 15% and/or spread it through some “vesting periods”. This idea makes sense.
This is by no means removing assets from team. This is rev sharing and very fine practice to attract new Jup holders and prop up the stability of the token

1 Like

JLP is used for profiting from Jupiter Exchange fees. This proposal would remove benefits of JLP.

The team plans to propose a 30% JUP token reduction. That’s far superior than this suggestion, to benefit token and DAO early members.

3 Likes

Given the protocol is still in its formative years disincentivizing the core founders & their builders so early doesn’t seem like a smart decision if we want their to even be a long term product. I think your proposal could be more beneficial further down the line.

3 Likes

Agree whole heartedly with your comment, I couldn’t have written it better!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve said this a couple of times while discussing in Discord. This suggestion is years premature, and also not really something the DAO can decide, as we don’t have authority over the Jupiter aggregator.

Jupiter first and foremost needs to grow. What most people don’t realize is that JLP receives 75% of perp fees already, and there is 0% fees on swap. Meaning that the very modest fees currently collected by Jupiter has to go towards essentials like operational costs, salaries etc. Which is why growth is needed before this can even be considered.

6 Likes

Hey guys, I need some clarification on this proposal.

So the 30% of JLP fees that is being collected in this wallet: HVSZJ2juJnMxd6yCNarTL56YmgUqzfUiwM7y7LtTXKHR

belongs fully to the team? I thought this was a wallet that the team controls but eventually will be part of Jupiter treasury and shared with the DAO. why would you create JUP for people to invest in the team vision, if the team is using the brand to make money on the side and not share it with the DAO? The way for the team to get paid is through the JUP token, and the products revenue created under the Jupiter brand belong to JUP holders.

I understand not sharing revenues yet and focusing on growth, but that money belongs to JUP holders.

Just to be clear, anyway this seems like should be put to vote.

2 Likes

This is 100% incorrect. JUP is the governance token of the DAO and nothing else. Full stop. The DAO has no claim over anything that Jupiter the protocol creates or produces, including JLP.

Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for people to comprehend.

7 Likes

This is a special proposal with a prolific future. I think it will get to voting

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this interesting idea OP!

Fiwiw, the DAO does not govern the Perps product, or ex. the swap aggregator. The fee distribution is already set to the JLP token. Ie. Holding the JLP token gets to the opportunity to “earn” from the perps exchange.

Therefore - I would deem this more to be feedback related to the product than a DAO proposal and moved this post to the Jupiter Products category for further discussions.

4 Likes

Isn’t that the purpose of the JLP token or I am mistaken here?

5 Likes

JLP getting fees is the only reason they are holding JLP. If they werent getting protocols fees the volume would go to 0. We are only talking about the 25% that goes to the team treasury. Who controls what happens with that money, and is there any safeguard in place to not let that money drip into the team pockets?

This product is a copy of GLP by GMX, with the difference that GMX pays 70% to GLP holders, 30% goes to GMX stakers paid weekly. Looks like we decided to copy everything but not the part that benefits JUP holders.

And again, the reduction of 30% of supply is completely meaningless to this discussion.

2 Likes